If your Mi box came with Kodi version 17.0 there is a new version 17.1 that just came out with some minor bug fixes.
You will need a google account to do this. If you don’t have a google/gmail account, you can create one for free here.
To upgrade Kodi on your Mi box do the following:
- Go to settings
- Once in settings, go to the bottom where it says Personal
- the last box on the right says “Add account”. Click on that
- The next option asks you to pick a google or vudo account. Click on google
- The next screen pick “use your password”
- On the next screen put in your google or gmail account info (this would be whatever email you used to sign up for google, in most cases it would be your gmail email)
- Once you sign in, go into the google play store.
- In there go to “your applications” and Kodi will be there. You can pick to upgrade it there.
- As long as you keep your google account on your Mi box and the box is plugged into power and connected to the internet, it will automatically upgrade in the future.